Cracked Pool Deck
Having a swimming pool at home is a great way to relax and create lasting memories with family. However, there are some concerns when the pool deck shows signs of damage.
Not only do cracked pool decks reduce your home’s curb appeal, but they also create serious safety risks. As a team made up of homeowners, Foundation Repair of Western Colorado knows how stressful these issues can be, especially when kids are running around the pool!
With the most durable concrete lifting methods in Colorado, we’ll make your pool safe to use again. Learn why your pool deck is cracking and what you can do to fix it.
What Is a Cracked Pool Deck?
A cracked pool deck refers to breaks or fractures in the concrete surface around an in-ground pool. Such cracks can be mere surface flaws or deeper ones threatening the deck’s stability.
These imperfections not only lessen the allure of your pool space but can result in accidents due to tripping. When pool decks crack, they also allow water to flood into your yard and close to your home, potentially causing more damage like mold or a leaking basement.
Not to mention, pool deck cracks can also be a sign that other concrete on your property is at risk. Be sure to look out for the following:
Ignoring these signs can amplify problems over time, making repairs more extensive and costly. As soon as these problems surface, reach out to a trusted concrete restoration specialist like Foundation Repair of Western Colorado.
What Causes a Cracked Pool Deck?
All concrete damage happens when concrete moves. Various elements contribute to cracked pool decks, including:
- Ground Shifts: Uneven settling of the ground below can lead the concrete to distort and fracture.
- Soil Erosion: Water with chemicals seeping from the pool will wash away supporting soil, causing the deck to crack and sink as gaps form underground.
- Tree Growth: Roots from trees expanding underneath the pool deck will displace soil and push concrete sections out of line.
- Weather Extremes: Torrential rains or floodwaters can destabilize the ground support, whereas freezing and thawing patterns can introduce cracks.
- Installation Mistakes: Errors during the initial concrete setting or curing may lead to sinking concrete, which in turn leads to concrete cracks.
Concrete is not a flexible material, so when factors like this cause it to move around, cracks are much more likely to appear. That’s why it is always a good idea to have an awareness of what causes concrete damage.
Can You Fix a Cracked Pool Deck?
Definitely! Repairing a cracked pool deck is possible. But a lasting fix isn’t about merely filling in the cracks with sealants. DIY materials or outdated methods like mudjacking are inefficient in the long run, as they don’t actually solve the root causes.
A holistic treatment that addresses the core problems ensures prevention of future issues and maintains the home’s structural soundness.
At Foundation Repair of Western Colorado, we use unique methods to rectify and elevate distorted pool decks. Our industry leading PolyRenewal™ foam injection solution efficiently corrects sunken concrete at the source.
How to Fix a Cracked Pool Deck
Foundation Repair of Western Colorado’s skilled crew follows this protocol:
- Evaluation: We perform an in-depth inspection to pinpoint the causes and craft a tailored repair strategy.
- Drilling: Tiny holes are made in the affected concrete regions.
- Injection Port Placement: These ports are fitted into the drilled holes for slab access.
- Foam Preparation: Our specialized polyurethane components are mixed.
- Foam Injection: Our PolyRenewal™ solution is channeled under the concrete via the injection ports.
- Foam Action: The foam expands, fills gaps, and hardens within minutes, lifting the concrete to its original position.
- Port Removal: Post lifting, we remove the ports and seal the holes.
- Crack Sealing: All visible cracks are sealed to fend off future water seepage.
- Maintenance: Annual maintenance ensures your pool deck stays in prime condition.
Foundation Repair of Western Colorado’s method combines symptom treatment and root problem resolution. Our proprietary solutions cater to specific needs, surpassing traditional market offerings.
Why Address Pool Deck Cracks Now
Addressing pool deck issues quickly is valuable for several reasons:
- Preventing Worsening Damage: Small defects will grow, allowing water seepage that can damage internal reinforcements. Fixing it now stops cracks from getting bigger.
- Safety: Uneven surfaces around the pool can cause accidents like tripping and other injuries.
- Cost-Efficiency: Fixing minor issues quickly will help you avoid more expensive repairs or replacements in the future.
- Maintaining Home Value: Swift repairs can enhance your backyard’s appeal and structural integrity.
For comprehensive solutions to pool deck problems, trust Foundation Repair of Western Colorado. Our specialized treatments are designed for precision and durability, outshining standard options.
Trust Foundation Repair of Western Colorado for Dependable Pool Deck Solutions
Your pool deck shouldn’t be a danger zone. Secure the aesthetics and safety of your home with Foundation Repair of Western Colorado. Our experience in concrete solutions guarantees lasting remedies for all pool deck issues.
Colorado homeowners have placed their trust in us for nearly 20 years. Get in touch today for a complimentary evaluation and let us revitalize your property’s charm and stability.
One of the benefits of using PolyRenewal™ is that we don’t have to replace concrete. All we’re doing is lifting damaged sections to a safer position, which helps close cracks and keep the surface even. You won’t have to worry about getting new concrete that matches!
The duration for repairing a cracked pool deck varies based on the extent of the damage and the specific repair methods being employed. Since we install PolyRenewal™, most repairs take less than a day. However, always consult with a professional like Foundation Repair of Western Colorado for an accurate timeline based on your unique situation.
Yes, regular maintenance will prolong the life of your pool deck. This includes cleaning the deck to remove dirt, debris, and chemicals, resealing the concrete every few years, and inspecting for minor cracks or wear regularly. We also provide regular maintenance after repairing your concrete to ensure it stays in optimal condition!
Last Modified Date: