Cracked Concrete Patio
Your patio offers a serene retreat outside. However, without proper care, it can become damaged, cracked, and uneven, turning it into a hazard.
As homeowners ourselves, we understand the desire to make your home as safe as possible. You deserve a patio that allows you to relax and make memories with your loved ones.
With the most durable concrete lifting methods in Colorado, we’ll make your patio safe to use again. Learn why your patio is cracked and what you can do to fix it.
What Is a Cracked Concrete Patio?
A damaged concrete patio usually located in your yard might show splits, fissures, or breaks over its lifespan, undermining both its aesthetics and stability.
These splits can vary from shallow, cosmetic ones to deep, substantial deterioration, introducing severe safety issues. Uneven and cracked patios can become a gateway for bugs, plants, and clutter. They might also lead to pooled water that speeds up wear and tear.
You might spot comparable concrete issues elsewhere on your property:
It’s vital to address these issues promptly. Foundation Repair of Western Colorado adopts a holistic strategy to gauge the damage’s scope and origin, assuring sustainable and effective restoration.
What Causes a Cracked Concrete Patio?
Concrete patio cracks can arise due to various factors:
- Soil Settlement and Erosion: If the ground beneath the patio shifts or erodes, it leads to the sinking concrete and produces cracks. Parched soil may not give adequate support.
- Weather Conditions: High rainfall or inundation can intensify soil erosion, especially in clay-rich soils. Alternating freeze-thaw cycles might also lead to water within the concrete freezing, expanding, and subsequently cracking.
- Tree Roots: Expanding roots from trees near or beneath a patio can exert pressure on the concrete, leading to splitting and uplift.
- Construction Errors: Flaws during the concrete pour or while it’s setting can introduce inherent fragility and eventual cracking.
It’s important to understand that the same soil disturbances damaging patios might harm a home’s foundation over time. Swift intervention is essential. Identifying these root issues ensures that the chosen repair targets the underlying problem to prevent reoccurrence.
Can You Fix a Cracked Concrete Patio?
Absolutely, cracked concrete patios can be mended. It’s crucial to attend to the issue as early signs appear, as advanced damage could narrow your repair options.
Keep in mind, filling cracks with store-bought sealants or using mudjacking to lift concrete won’t fix the issue permanently; the core issues behind the damage will be allowed to fester.
Foundation Repair of Western Colorado offers a lasting solution—our state-of-the-art PolyRenewal™ concrete lifting system. It not only treats concrete damage but also tackles root causes, ensuring the issue doesn’t return.
How to Fix a Cracked Concrete Patio
Foundation Repair of Western Colorado employs modern techniques to elevate and stabilize damaged patios. Our process includes:
- Free initial inspection to identify issues and determine the best solution.
- Drilling tiny holes in the damaged patio sections.
- Setting up injection ports in these holes.
- Injecting PolyRenewal™ into the holes where it flows beneath the patio.
- The polyurethane solution expands, hardening and filling any voids in the soil.
- The concrete slab is elevated, and the underlying soil becomes stable.
- After the concrete is lifted, the injection ports are removed and drilled sections are smoothed out. Your concrete patio will look normal again!
- Applying a specialized sealant to the cracks ensures further protection.
We guarantee that PolyRenewal™ will work better than other concrete lifting methods. It’s waterproof and strong enough to hold up a semi-truck just 15 minutes after curing!
Why Address a Cracked Concrete Patio Now
Repairing a deteriorating patio can help you avoid certain issues. With help from a professional, concrete lifting is a valuable investment for the flowing reasons:
- Safety Concerns: Unequal surfaces and cracks heighten tripping hazards. As the concrete deteriorates further, these risks amplify.
- Ongoing Damage: Ignoring the foundational soil issues will only aggravate the patio’s condition over time.
- Water Intrusion: Cracks facilitate water ingress underneath, accelerating erosion, and potentially threatening the foundation.
- Pest Infiltration: Openings allow pests and vegetation to invade, and pests might even venture into your home.
- Visual Decline: A fractured and uneven patio detracts from your property’s curb appeal.
- Reduced Property Worth: A neglected patio can lower your home’s market value and dissuade potential buyers.
Attending to cracked patios with specialized services ensures enduring solutions compared to makeshift remedies. Foundation Repair of Western Colorado, with our cutting-edge technologies, can comprehensively address your patio concerns, outlasting generic solutions.
Contact Foundation Repair of Western Colorado for Trusted Concrete Lifting Solutions
Your residence should always be a safe place, and that includes a secure and relaxing patio. Trust Foundation Repair of Western Colorado to restore your concrete patio’s integrity. Our concrete lifting methods have helped homeowners since 2005.
Colorado homeowners have depended on us for over a decade due to our innovative solutions, meticulous attention, and unparalleled client service. Reach out to us today for a complimentary, commitment-free evaluation!
It’s good practice to inspect your concrete patio at least once a year, preferably during spring or fall. Regular inspections can help you catch potential issues early, making repairs easier and possibly less expensive in the long run. In Colorado, where extreme weather conditions can arise, consider inspecting more frequently and scheduling maintenance if necessary.
While repairing a cracked concrete patio doesn’t necessarily raise your home’s value, it does prevent its value from lowering. Plus, concrete lifting generally enhances your home’s curb appeal, making it more attractive to potential buyers. A well-maintained patio signals that the homeowner has been proactive about property upkeep, which can positively influence resale value.
One of the advantages of the PolyRenewal™ method is its impressive strength despite its lightweight design. After just 15 minutes, it can support the weight of a semi-truck! In most cases, you can return furniture or heavy items to the patio within a few hours of the procedure. However, always consult with your service provider for specific guidance related to your repair.
Last Modified Date: