As a homeowner in Grand Junction, CO, we know that the health of your basement and home overall is always top of mind for you. However, even as your basement is long overdue for some waterproofing, you may be worried about bringing in repair professionals into your home because of the coronavirus pandemic. You may have even put off repairs for an entire year and your home is not thanking you for it.
However, your concern is understandable. You want to do everything you can to protect yourself and your loved ones.
That is why we are taking all the steps necessary to make sure we are battling the outbreak of the virus. Our customers and their health are our number one priority.
As essential workers, we understand the strain many families are under. As we are always aiming to protect our customers and improve our service, we have been taking the necessary steps to ensure that our workers are not spreading the virus.
Our basement waterproofing experts have been trained in coronavirus prevention and are taking all the necessary steps outlined by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). They are:
- Masks: All of our employees wear masks at all times when they are at work, including when they are in the homes of our customers, regardless of whether that’s inside or outside.
- Social distancing: Our employees have been trained in social distancing. This means they will always keep six feet of distance between them and anyone inside your home.
- No proximity: In addition to social distancing, our basement waterproofing experts will reduce any and all direct contact with customers.
- No handshaking: Our basement waterproofing experts know to not put you in an awkward situation and will not try to shake your hand upon entering or leaving your home.
- Clean tools: All of the tools used during basement waterproofing will be properly sanitized to ensure you are not put in harm’s way.
- Handwashing: Proper hygiene and safety procedures have been put in place to ensure your safety.
You want to feel safe; we understand that. That is why all Groundworks companies and locations – like Foundation Repair of Western Colorado in Grand Junction, CO – are closely following the development of the pandemic and following any and all recommendations of the CDC, governmental agencies, local health departments, and our expert partners.
In addition to the measures we mentioned above, we are also doing the following:
- We are providing ongoing training for all of our employees, including basement waterproofing professionals. We are making sure to provide all of the support they need to fully understand all measures that are being taken to ensure their safety in addition to the safety of our customers. These measures include those related to proper hygiene, social distancing, and other CDC recommendations. We go into your homes every day, so it is important for us to maintain that level of trust we have with our customers.
- As we are essential workers, we have been out on the front lines, making sure our society keeps functioning until we beat this virus. To help our repair specialists stay healthy and safe, we are providing them with company-issued personal protective equipment. This includes either a surgical, N95, or Groundworks-branded mask. In addition to providing this protective equipment, we are mandating all of our employees to wear it at all times. This includes while they are out in the field engaging with customers inside and outside of their homes or while they are in the common areas of our offices.
- We are also undertaking extensive sanitation across all of our locations. This means properly disinfecting common areas in the offices, but also the vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- At the start of each day, when our employees come to work, we are screening them for high temperatures and have put in place contact tracing measures.
- If an employee should become ill, they are required to stay at home and seek out medical advice and treatment.
- We are staying up to date on all of the latest CDC recommendations. We are also monitoring developments at the national and local levels.
- We have implemented staggering start times. This means the interaction between crews is as limited as possible, which is an effective way to stop the spread of the virus.
We hope that this has helped clear up any concerns you may have over having one of our basement waterproofing professionals at your home. If we have earned your trust, get started today. Sign up for a free inspection from the professional team at Foundation Repair of Western Colorado today!